Art and Design
What is taught:
At Feversham Primary Academy our art curriculum aims to develop artistic skills inspiring awe wonder and a sense of ‘can do’ in all our pupils.
How it is taught:
- To use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- To use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- To develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- Learn about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
- To create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- To improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials (for example pencil, charcoal, paint, clay)
- Learn about great artists, architects and designers in history.
Feversham has art, drama, maths, music, P.E. and science specialist teachers who teach all pupils to ensure that all “pupils make very strong and sustained progress in a range of subjects”. The specialist teachers also help the staff gain more subject knowledge as well as knowledge about the best way to teach the subjects.